We have moved many times the past few years. Every time we move, we either throw or give some of our belongings away because we couldn’t haul all our stuff. The biggest storage you can get is 10′ x 10′ and you’re fortunate if one is available when you need it. If you have a three bedroom home, where are you going to put all your belongings? Besides, it’s quite expensive to rent a storage space. That’s what happened to our barbecue grill. We had to give it away when we moved because there wasn’t any room left in the storage. My husband did not care to keep it because it was old, but I would have still keep it.
We haven’t eaten barbecue food in a while and I wanted to cook some barbecue chicken or steak for my family. I normally check in the fridge for fresh herbs or look in my spice rack before I prepare a meal. As soon as I find what I’m looking for, every thing just flows together. I know exactly what to prepare to complement the entree.
Well, who says you can’t have barbecue unless you have a grill? I tried this barbecue chicken in a skillet the other night and I had an unbelievable compliments from my family. My youngest said that it was an awesome chicken! My hubby said, the chicken was excellent. It was very moist, tender and tasty. And the couscous with strawberry-mango salsa complemented the chicken very well. They all finished everything that was on their plates. My youngest doesn’t like couscous, but he ate all the couscous and he asked if he could have more chicken. We had no leftovers. Well, need I say more?
- 8 pieces chicken thighs, skin on, deboned, and butterflied
- Weber Gourmet Burger seasoning
- Weber Roasted garlic and herb seasoning
- McCormick Barbecue dry rub
- Sweet baby Rays barbecue sauce
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and coat with olive oil when hot.
- Sprinkle and rub chicken with barbecue, garlic and herb, and burger seasonings. Do the same on the other side.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Flip to the other side and let cook for 6 minutes.
- Flip again and cook for 3 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce. Keep turning after 1 minute each side.
- Turn heat to low at this point and cook for another minute each side. Set aside.
- Prepare the couscous.
Couscous with Strawberry-mango salsa
- 1 box(5.08 oz.) Near East Couscous with roasted garlic and olive oil plus the ingredients written on the box
- 5 small strawberries; diced
- 1/2 cup of diced mango
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup plum tomatoes; seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup of diced red onions
- black pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lime plus a slice of lime for garnish
- Follow the cooking directions on the box to cook the couscous.
- Add the mango, cilantro, strawberries, tomatoes, red onions and black pepper to the cooked couscous.
- Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Serve with the barbecue chicken. Garnish with lime.
If you like this post or my blog, don’t forget to Subscribe or Follow to get the latest recipes. Thank you!
©annascuisine.wordpress.com (2013) Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material herein without expressed and written consent from this blog’s author, Annabelle Bedell, is strictly and completely prohibited.
3 thoughts on “Mouth-watering Skillet Barbecue Chicken”
Pingback: #TheCharcoalchallenge with MoneySuperMarket | mummyandthecuties
Hello! Thank you for providing a link to my post. I truly appreciate it.
Sorry, for the late reply. I was on vacation. Thanks for providing link to my post. I appreciate it.