Chocolate lovers, you would want to add this to your recipe collection. Oh, so good!
I’ve been reminiscing about my childhood lately and I can’t help but think about my parents, especially my mother. I am so grateful for her perseverance with teaching my siblings and I how to cook and be responsible. As a child, I just wanted to play with my friends. My mother was resolute when it came to teaching and discipline.
A mother’s cooking is special because it will stay in a child’s memory for the rest of her life. It’s breakfast time and I was thinking about what to eat, preferably something that will give me that “pick me up” feeling. I remember my mother made this delicious chocolate oatmeal. I was craving it, so I decided to make my own version using the Godiva hot cocoa that my friend gave me or the Ghirardelli premium hot cocoa chocolate mocha flavor. Mmm…
You have probably tried everything there is for breakfast, right? Well, you haven’t tried this.
- 1 packet (1.58 oz.) of instant Quaker Weight Control Banana Bread oatmeal (has 7 g protein, 6 g fiber, 1 g sugar) or an oatmeal of your choice
- 1 tablespoon Godiva hot cocoa or Ghirardelli premium hot cocoa chocolate mocha flavor
- 1 cup water
- Fried plantain
- Fresh mango cubes
- Toasted coconut
- 1 oz. Ghirardelli dark chocolate, melted
- Add water to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the Godiva hot cocoa or Ghiradelli premium hot cocoa chocolate mocha and oatmeal. Stir.
- Cook for 2 -3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve in a bowl with the mango and plantain.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and drizzle with the melted dark chocolate. Serve immediately.
If you like this post or my blog, don’t forget to Subscribe and Follow to get the latest recipes. Thank you!
©annascuisine.wordpress.com (2013) Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material herein without expressed and written consent from this blog’s author, Annabelle Bedell, is strictly and completely prohibited.