My husband took me out to dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I wanted to go to Bone Fish Grill because their snapper was excellent. I didn’t want to go someplace else because the food might not be as good and I didn’t want to be disappointed, especially on a special day. Well, my husband told me that someone recommended this place in Tyson’s Corner. He convinced me that their food was great and that they were highly recommended by many, so I said okay. Well, I was very disappointed to say the least. Let me just say, I will never go back there again. I conclude good food is not define by how “upscale” a restaurant is. It really depends.
When I couldn’t eat what I want, I can’t sleep. I know I’m weird that way. So, the following night, I made my husband and I skillet grilled shrimp on skewers with tropical couscous for dinner. I also added some toasted garlic on top of the couscous and shrimp. It was very delicious and so satisfying.
Ingredients for the shrimp:
- 16 pieces large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
- Weber N’ Orleans Cajun Seasoning
- Weber Gourmet Burger Seasoning
- Weber Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced garlic
- 4- size 8 Bamboo skewers
- Skewer the shrimp.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with these three seasonings. Set aside.
- Heat a flat, square skillet (pancake skillet) over medium heat.
- Coat with olive oil and butter.
- Add the garlic and saute until lightly brown. Set aside on the edge of the skillet to prevent it from burning.
- Turn the heat to medium-low at this point and grill the shrimp until opaque, about 5 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile cook the couscous.
Ingredients for the couscous:
- 1 box(5.08 oz.) Near East Couscous with roasted garlic and olive oil plus the ingredients written on the box
- 1/2 cup of diced mango
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup plum tomatoes; seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup of diced red onions
- black pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lime plus more for garnish
- Toasted garlic (from above recipe)
- Follow the cooking directions on the box to cook the couscous.
- Combine the mango, pineapple, cilantro, tomatoes, red onions, lime, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Add the tropical fruit mixture to the cooked couscous.
- Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Arrange shrimp and couscous on a plate. Garnish with lime and toasted garlic.
If you like this post or my blog, don’t forget to Subscribe or Follow to get the latest recipes. Thank you!
©annascuisine.wordpress.com (2013) Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material herein without expressed and written consent from this blog’s author, Annabelle Bedell, is strictly and completely prohibited.