Okay, you’re probably thinking, who doesn’t know how to make grilled cheese sandwich? It’s a classic and everyone knows how to prepare it. Well, you might be surprised. There are some people out there who are just learning how to cook or who never cooked in their entire lives. Making a grilled cheese sandwich might be the very first thing they can learn how to prepare. 🙂 Here’s what I make at home and my children really love it!
- 2 slices of white or any bread you prefer
- 1 slice Haverty creamy white cheese*
- 1 slice Cheddar cheese or smoke Gouda cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Heat a non-stick skillet over low heat.
- Butter (1 1/2 tablespoons) one side of bread.
- Place the bread with the butter side down on the skillet. Add both cheeses on top of the bread.
- Butter one side of the other slice of bread and place on top of the cheese, butter side up.
- Cover the skillet with a lid. (This will melt the cheese faster)
- Remove the lid. Flip over to the other side. Do not cover. Brown until the cheese is all melted.
- Serve immediately.
*Note; You can purchase the Haverty cheese at Costco. It’s a deli style cheese. It’s really creamy and delicious, especially on steak sandwiches.
©annascuisine.wordpress.com (2013) Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material herein without expressed and written consent from this blog’s author, Annabelle Bedell, is strictly and completely prohibited.
5 thoughts on “Super Easy Grilled Cheese Sandwich”
My God, that looks delicious. My mouth is watering. I’ll have to try that sometime.
…But I’m going off topic. I wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate the fact that you took time out of your day to read it.
Have a great day!
😀 Hello Daniel! Thanks for stopping by. It was my pleasure. Yes, this sandwich was really good. You should try it. You won’t be disappointed. 😀 Have a great weekend to you.
Pingback: Tahini Melt Sandwich | Anna's Cuisine
Thank you!! You’d be surprised to know how hard it is to find a basic grilled cheese recipe!
Hello! I am glad you have found my blog. I am sure there are many grilled cheese sandwich recipes out there. A friend of mine asked me to share how I make mine that is why I posted this recipe. Thank you for your interest. I appreciate your visit.