Remember I mentioned my children and I like to munch on strawberries and Brie cheese for a snack? Well, I’m still recuperating from the flu and I didn’t feel like cooking anything and my children were demanding lunch. I thought of grilled cheese with strawberries and blueberries, but it still involved cooking. That is when I thought of making our favorite snack into sandwiches. These sandwiches not only look good but they are also refreshing and nutritious. It didn’t dawn on me until I took some pictures that these tea sandwiches had 4th of July colors; red, white, and blue! That’s when these sandwiches earned its name, 4th of July Tea Sandwiches. An excellent party food for children.
- white, wheat, rye, or any bread of your choice
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh Strawberries, thinly sliced
- Mild, Milky Brie Cheese, thinly cut
- honey (optional)
- Layer the sandwich with honey, brie cheese, blueberries and strawberries, then brie cheese again. This will keep the fruits in place even after cutting.
- Trim the crust and cut into pieces. Serve wrap with wax paper or as is.
- Enjoy with your favorite tea or coffee.
An excellent variation to this sandwich is to grill it and you have a Fresh Berry Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
©annascuisine.wordpress.com (2014) Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material herein without expressed and written consent from this blog’s author, Annabelle Bedell, is strictly and completely prohibited.