Quinoa pasta with poached salmon flakes, garlic bay shrimp, and kale garnished with grated lemon zest, shaved parmesan cheese and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Hello! It’s been an extremely busy week for me, especially this weekend. So, I’ll leave you with this recipe until I can post more next time. I promise to visit your blog and answer all your comments then. Thank you. 🙂
A visit to a doctor gave an answer to my question to why I rapidly gained back the weight I lost despite eating healthy foods – vitamin and mineral deficiency. My doctor told me a healthy diet doesn’t mean I’m getting all the nutrients my body needs. It all depends on how my body absorbs the nutrients. So, besides taking supplements that the doctor prescribed, I decided to create a recipe combined with all the crucial nutrients for dinner.
I made quinoa pasta with seafood and kale. This pasta recipe is low in fat and carbohydrates, gluten-free and it’s packed with protein, omega-fatty acids, fiber, Vitamin D, Vitamin Bs (B2, B3, B6, B9, B13), zinc and iodine. I made two servings ( for M and I) and the kids had theirs without seafood ( because of allergy).
Here’s how to make it.
- 4 oz. quinoa spaghetti noodles (half of the package)
- 2-3 servings of salmon (12 oz.)
- Weber Zesty lemon and garlic and herbs seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, cut in half, divided
- 1 cup wild caught fully cooked bay shrimp
- 3 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 3 handfuls of baby Kale
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Cook quinoa pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large deep saute pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil, water, salt, and juice of half lemon. Stir.
- Season salmon with zesty lemon and herbs seasoning and add to the pan with water mixture.
- Cover the pan and poached salmon until opaque about 8-10 minutes. Break off the salmon flesh using a spatula. Throw away the skin.
- In a separate small skillet over medium heat, add the remaining oil when hot.
- Add the garlic and onions and saute until translucent. Add the bay shrimp and stir-fry just until heated through. Add the kale leaves and stir-fry until somewhat wilted. Remove from heat.
- Add the cooked pasta and kale leaves in the pan with salmon. Carefully stir until well-combined. Squeeze the remaining lemon over the top. Season with more zesty lemon and herbs seasoning (to your taste). Garnish with shaved parmesan cheese and lemon zest.
- Enjoy with garlic bread or a glass of white wine. 🙂
Note: Quinoa is gluten free, so the pasta breaks off easily, so stir slowly and carefully.
If you like this post or my blog, don’t forget to Subscribe and Follow to get the latest recipes. There are more original recipes coming your way. However, please be kind and link back to source when you use or share any of my recipes. Thank you for stopping by. Until next time. Happy Friday! 🙂
©annascuisine.wordpress.com (2014) Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material herein without expressed and written consent from this blog’s author, Annabelle Bedell, is strictly and completely prohibited.