Simple, creamy, so easy to make comfort food Mac and Cheese with crispy turkey bacon and broccoli and it’s ready in 30 minutes.
A reader from talker blogger requested this recipe for her son. I haven’t made this in a while, so I thought it’s a good idea for dinner tonight. My family loves this Mac and Cheese recipe with crispy turkey bacon (protein) and some broccoli for iron and fiber. I had a small serving and it was so good (as usual)! I loved it! ❤
My youngest was so happy when I told him we were having Macaroni and cheese for dinner. Well, he couldn’t wait for dinner. He requested to have a plate 🙂
- 2 1/2 cups San Giorgio elbow macaroni pasta noodles
- 1 cup 2% organic milk or whole milk
- 3/4 cup (4 slices Haverty cheese), chopped (See Notes)
- 2 1/2 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese plus more (See Notes)
- 5 slices of low-sodium cooked turkey bacon, finely chopped (See Notes)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut in tiny pieces
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Read the notes (below) before you start cooking.
- Follow the instructions on the box for the macaroni noodles. When the noodles are almost cook, add the broccoli florets (the same pot) and blanch for 1 minute. Remove, drain and set aside. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine milk and cheese in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat. Stir frequently with a whisk until the cheese is completely melted.
- When the sauce is smooth, add the macaroni noodles, broccoli, and 1/2 of the chopped bacon. Mix by using a spatula. Stir until all ingredients are well-combined and coated with the cheese sauce. Lightly season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well incorporated.
- Serve as is and garnish with the remaining chopped bacon or transfer half of the mixture in a baking dish and add about a handful of finely shredded cheddar cheese on top and a little bit of the chopped bacon. Add the remaining macaroni mixture then sprinkle with more shredded cheddar cheese and chopped bacon on top.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake just until the cheese melts about 5- 8 minutes. (See Notes)
- Baking time varies depending on your oven. Adjust accordingly.
- You can substitute the Haverty cheese with cheddar cheese if it’s unavailable.
- You are going to need an additional 1-2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese if you want it cheesier.
- You can add more bacon if you want more. If you’re pressing with time, you can also use bacon bits. It’s available at your local grocery store.
- Since bacon bits are saltier, adjust or omit the salt.
I hope you like this simple and easy Macaroni and Cheese like we always have. I ate two servings tonight 😀
Thanks again for stopping by. Don’t forget to Follow or Subscribe to get the latest recipes. Let me know if you have any request. I’ll try to accommodate you if I can. Please link back to source if you plan to use or share any of my recipes. Thank you so much and have a wonderful weekend. Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers around the globe. 🙂 ❤