Simple, creamy, so easy to make comfort food Mac and Cheese with crispy turkey bacon and broccoli and it’s ready in 30 minutes.
A reader from talker blogger requested this recipe for her son. I haven’t made this in a while, so I thought it’s a good idea for dinner tonight. My family loves this Mac and Cheese recipe with crispy turkey bacon (protein) and some broccoli for iron and fiber. I had a small serving and it was so good (as usual)! I loved it! ❤
My youngest was so happy when I told him we were having Macaroni and cheese for dinner. Well, he couldn’t wait for dinner. He requested to have a plate 🙂
- 2 1/2 cups San Giorgio elbow macaroni pasta noodles
- 1 cup 2% organic milk or whole milk
- 3/4 cup (4 slices Haverty cheese), chopped (See Notes)
- 2 1/2 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese plus more (See Notes)
- 5 slices of low-sodium cooked turkey bacon, finely chopped (See Notes)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut in tiny pieces
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Read the notes (below) before you start cooking.
- Follow the instructions on the box for the macaroni noodles. When the noodles are almost cook, add the broccoli florets (the same pot) and blanch for 1 minute. Remove, drain and set aside. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine milk and cheese in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat. Stir frequently with a whisk until the cheese is completely melted.
- When the sauce is smooth, add the macaroni noodles, broccoli, and 1/2 of the chopped bacon. Mix by using a spatula. Stir until all ingredients are well-combined and coated with the cheese sauce. Lightly season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well incorporated.
- Serve as is and garnish with the remaining chopped bacon or transfer half of the mixture in a baking dish and add about a handful of finely shredded cheddar cheese on top and a little bit of the chopped bacon. Add the remaining macaroni mixture then sprinkle with more shredded cheddar cheese and chopped bacon on top.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake just until the cheese melts about 5- 8 minutes. (See Notes)
- Baking time varies depending on your oven. Adjust accordingly.
- You can substitute the Haverty cheese with cheddar cheese if it’s unavailable.
- You are going to need an additional 1-2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese if you want it cheesier.
- You can add more bacon if you want more. If you’re pressing with time, you can also use bacon bits. It’s available at your local grocery store.
- Since bacon bits are saltier, adjust or omit the salt.
I hope you like this simple and easy Macaroni and Cheese like we always have. I ate two servings tonight 😀
Thanks again for stopping by. Don’t forget to Follow or Subscribe to get the latest recipes. Let me know if you have any request. I’ll try to accommodate you if I can. Please link back to source if you plan to use or share any of my recipes. Thank you so much and have a wonderful weekend. Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers around the globe. 🙂 ❤
26 thoughts on “Easy Macaroni And Cheese”
Hi Anna, I was browsing you blog and truly happy to find this recipe! I would try it out 🙂 thank you so much – gosh the image looks so delicious that I wish I had it for my lunch 😀
Hi, Indah! Great! I’m glad you find something that interests you. We loved it! 🙂
This looks fab! Mac n cheese is one of my favourites- so good! I love how quick this is to make- just 30 minutes?! That’s brilliant, thanks for sharing Anna! 🙂
For me every day is right for a dish of Macaroni😋😋😋😋 it looks delicious sweat Anna😚 Have a wonderful week end!
Hi, Marilena! I agree. A classic mac and cheese will be great any day. 🙂 Happy Mother’s Day. Enjoy your day! 🙂
Anna, Our family loves mac and cheese with turkey bacon – and any veg, such as broccoli, onion, mushroom, butternut squash, etc. Your recipe looks lovely. So healthy and full of cheeses with nice flavors. 🙂 Happy mother’s day. You’re a fabulous mother and a good friend to many; enjoy your special day. Best to my PRCCSS!
My dearest friend, Shanna. It’s great to see you here. Thank you for stopping by. I hope all is well with you and your family. Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate them very much. Happy Mother’s to you as well. Best regards to your family. Enjoy your day! We’ll be heading to church soon. 🙂 Take care PRCCSS. 🙂 ❤
Reblogged this on talkerblogger and commented:
Mac and Cheese .. Comfort food !!
I have been looking for a great recipe for years .. My 5 yr old loves Mac and cheese and dear Anna shared her secret recipe … Hope it helps you all too 🙂
Thank you Anna ..
It’s my pleasure and thank you so much for reblogging this post. It’s much appreciated. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Happy Mother’s Day! 🙂
🙂 thank you for posting it …. !
My pleasure. 🙂
Have a great day too 🙂
Thank you so much. I hope you had a lovely Mother’s Day. Have a great summer. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂
ANNA, I have come across many great people as a blogger.. I have made new friends over the Internet .. But what you did today was help a mother give her child something he loves to eat !!! I have been looking for a healthy and a comfort recipe for years.. (No kidding) … I am of Indian origin, so this is new to me… My son has been asking me for years to make it and I have always purchased it …. I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to do this !!! You have me indebted as a mother 🙂
I will make this very soon and let you know !!!!!!
Lotsa love 🙂
Hello there! It was my pleasure to share. I’m glad I could be of help. I hope your son loves broccoli though. Many children I know don’t like broccoli. I added broccoli because my children love it. I heard from parents that they couldn’t get their children to eat broccoli. I used cheddar cheese to make it easy since it’s widely available. Also, because I wanted to make it as close to the original classic recipe as possible, but my family and I love it combined with Gouda cheese. I love the flavor and the creaminess of Gouda cheese. It’s even more delicious. If you can find Gouda cheese, buy it and combine it with the cheddar cheese. It really heightens the flavor. My family loves it either way. I think I’m going to add the Gouda cheese in my Notes above as an alternative cheese.
I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did, especially your son. Happy Mother’s Day to you and thanks for stopping by. Have a lovely day. 🙂
Thank you so much Anna. My son actually loved brocolli 🙂 so it makes it all the more perfect .. The cheeses ,I will keep in mind .. Happy Mother’s Day to you too and thank you once again !! I am following your blog and will be trying to replicate more of your great recipes …
Thanks. Oh, that’s great! I’m glad your son loves broccoli. Thanks for following my blog and your interest. I’ll be exploring yours soon. I have to get ready for church service. My children are bugging me for something. Have a great day! 🙂
Hi, Michelle! Thanks for stopping by. Happy Mother’s Day! Enjoy your day. 🙂
Happy Mother’s Day to you a well!
Hello, Michelle! Thank you and I hope yours was lovely. Have a great summer. 🙂
Oh this is my weakness. I haven’t made mac and cheese in ages and your delicious baked dish is making me crave this. This will go perfectly as a side for a Southern themed cooking dinner we do once a year! Happy Mother’s Day, Anna!
Hi, Ngan! It’s great that you stopped by. Yes, Mac and Cheese is such a great side dish. This is my family’s favorite and I completely forgot about it until someone requested it. Happy Mother’s to you too, Ngan. Enjoy your day! 🙂
Just had mac n cheese for dinner last night! Such a family favorite! Thanks for sharing your spin on it!
It’s my pleasure, Kloe. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day. 🙂