Pumpkin cupcakes with peppermint frosting. A weird combination, but surprisingly delicious!
Being away for a while makes me feel like I just started blogging. I need to be familiarized with the new template all over again now that there has been some changes. I also need to update some of my recipes because I discovered some have been altered and some photos have been deleted. What a nice welcome back! So, I have to check all my posts just to make sure. I’m not finished going through all of them yet, so I will be doing that the next few days or so. For now, here’s a recipe that I’m sure you’ll like. I call it Peppermint Wonderland frosting. Make it and you’ll know why.
Having dessert after dinner has become a tradition in our household. My youngest son loves any treats made with pumpkin, especially pumpkin pie. Well, it was one of those nights where you’re missing one ingredient to make a pie, so I made cupcakes instead.
After dinner, I suggested ice cream sandwiches with the pumpkin cupcakes, but we didn’t have any vanilla ice cream. I asked my son if peppermint ice cream was okay. He excitedly nodded. He was telling me how good it was, so I had to try a bite. It was so good that I came up with this utterly delicious icing inspired by the peppermint ice cream.
- 1 lb. (16 oz) cream cheese, soften at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, soften at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar (or more to your taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract (see notes)
- 2-3 tablespoons crushed candy cane plus more for topping
- In a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Turn the mixer off and add the powdered sugar. Beat in low speed and gradually increase the speed and beat until well mixed and smooth.
- Add the peppermint extract and beat until well incorporated.
- Add the crushed candy cane and beat until just combined.
Done. You can now frost your favorite cupcakes then sprinkle with crushed candy cane. Enjoy! ❤
- I was trying to replicate the flavor of the peppermint ice cream that we ate and using 1 1/2 teaspoons of peppermint extract was needed to achieve the same exact taste. However, you can adjust it according to your taste.
- This frosting works with any cupcakes, especially vanilla or chocolate.
That is all for now. Thank you for stopping by. Until next time. Don’t forget to Follow or Subscribe to get the latest recipes. Have a safe week!