A super easy to make sticky roll-ups filled with Tahini, Mascarpone cheese and salted caramel dipped both ends in melted dark chocolate then drizzled with more salted caramel and melted chocolates and garnished with shaved dark chocolates. Mm..absolutely… decadent!
My children always inspire me in creating recipes when I’m unmotivated. I have been feeling weak the past few days. I have no desire to do anything as a result. I haven’t done any food shopping or cleaning. Our house and the project I’m currently working on are begging for my attention, but I didn’t care. It was one of those days. If it weren’t for my children and their sweet tooth, I wouldn’t be able to snap out of it and come up with my own version of the mouth-watering rolls I remembered seeing on one of the websites I stumbled upon a few months ago.
My version is no baking, cooking or extra calories from (dipping them in) melted butter involved. This divine and nutritious treat is great for parties and children with tree nuts allergy and definitely satisfying and so delicious as is or with tea or milk. According to my research, one roll provides 2.6 grams of protein from the Tahini and powerful anti oxidants and fiber from the dark chocolates.
When I present my creation to my children, I received endless compliments and lots of hugs and kisses after a bite. Aah…my heart is full. 😀
- 2 slices of white or whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons (or more) Organic Tahini butter (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 2 teaspoons condensed milk; divided (optional/ see notes)
- Salted Caramel
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
- shaved dark chocolate for garnish
- Cut the crust off the two slices of bread.
- Using a small wood rolling pin, flatten the bread to 1/4 inch thick or so; set aside.
- Sweetened the Mascarpone cheese by adding the sugar or condensed milk.
- Spread a tablespoon each (or more) of Tahini butter and the mascarpone cheese mixture on both slices.
- Drizzle with salted caramel then sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll each bread and press down to seal.
- Dip both ends into the melted chocolate to seal the edges to prevent the salted caramel to drip when you eat the roll-ups.
- Drizzle with the salted caramel and melted chocolates.
- Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper and refrigerate for 5 minutes or until the chocolate is set or hardened.
- You can mix the Tahini butter, Mascarpone cheese, sugar or condensed milk, cinnamon and salted caramel prior to spreading it on the bread if you prefer.
- Omit the sugar or condensed milk if you want less sweeter roll-ups.
- You can add chopped nuts in the fillings for added crunch and sprinkles on top for a more festive treat.
- For faster melted chocolates, you can microwave the chocolate chips.
- You can make large batches if you want to serve this delicious treat at parties. Make it the night before but make sure to cover it with plastic wrap (after the chocolate hardened) to prevent the rolls from drying out.
That’s all for now. Don’t forget to Follow or Subscribe to get the latest recipes and/or ideas. Please be kind and considerate and link back to source when you use or share any of my recipes. Thank you for stopping by. Until next time. Have a great week.
©annascuisine.wordpress.com (2014-2015) Other than personal use, unauthorized duplication of material herein without expressed and written consent from this blog’s author, Annabelle Bedell, is strictly and completely prohibited.
21 thoughts on “Tahini and Salted Caramel Roll-Ups”
These roll-ups certainly look scrumptious. I need to buy ingredients and get busy in the kitchen.
😀 Yes, they were delicious and very easy to make. You can add some nuts and fruits as well if you prefer. I am sure it will be delicious. 🙂 Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!
This looks yum!!!😊
Looks delish 🙂
Thank you. 🙂
OMG these are beautiful! All of my favorite flavors rolled up in one dessert. Amazing!
Amanda, it’s great you stopped by. Thank you for the lovely compliment. I agree with you; not to mention, no cooking and baking involved. 😀
WOW! That should be illegal! It looks so easy and delicious. Gonna have to try that this weekend.
He he…it should, Shawn. Yes, definitely so easy to make. As long as you have all the ingredients, you’re set. No cooking and baking involved and you have a delectable snack. 😀 Enjoy and thanks for stopping by and following my blog.
It’s amazing and beautiful!
Thank you, Wilson for the compliment! It’s much appreciated. It’s great that you stopped by. Have a blessed day! 🙂
You are welcome, have a blessed day too!
Thank you. 🙂
NOTHING ELSE?! Wow, what a rich, perfect recipe for these rolls I’m sure must be divine!
Certainly is, Silva. I had to keep asking a bite from my son’s share, but my son refused. Ha ha. 🙂
It looks so mouth watering delicious and surprisingly so easy to make !! Thanks for sharing Anna !
Most definitely, yes! My pleasure. Thank you as well for stopping by. Have a great week. 🙂
You too dear
Oh, my goodness! This looks and sounds delicious!
It definitely is, Angeline. And don’t forget no baking and cooking involved. 😀 Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.