I hope you are having a great summer. It’s been a very busy, but great summer for me so far.
Mango ice cream, ice pops, and ice candy are staple treats in our home during summer. I usually purchase one to two boxes of mangoes and make large batches of ice cream with different milk ingredients due to my children’s allergies. It’s a lot healthier compared to a store-bought ice cream. A refreshing snack and a great way to cool down during hot days.
I’ve been trying to scale down fat and sugar contents of what I eat. So, I made this mango ice cream unsweetened and with only two ingredients for minimal calories. A great way to enjoy it without the guilt. The mango is naturally sweet, so adding sugar is unnecessary. I prefer naturally sweetened treats. However, you can go ahead and add sugar or honey if you prefer it sweeter. 🙂
You will need:
- 5 large very ripe Manila mangoes
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup unsweetened Almond milk or 1 can (12 oz./354 ml) Evaporated milk
- Scoop out the mango flesh and place in a Ziploc bag. Freeze.
- Remove the frozen mango from the freezer.
- Leave it out in room temperature just until the mango slightly softened; cut in smaller sizes.
- In a blender, add the slightly softened mango and milk of your choice. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer in a container and freeze overnight.
- You can serve the ice cream in a bowl or in an ice cream cone. Enjoy! ❤
©All Rights Reserved 2016 to Anna’s Cuisine