A bowl of delicious goodness you sure want to make again.
I know it’s not officially fall yet, but I just couldn’t help myself. I’ve been dying to try something new. Don’t get me wrong. I love summer fruits, but my family and I have been eating them everyday and something new would be nice for a change. Don’t you agree?
I wasn’t planning to blog, but at someone’s request (again), I’m back blogging. There’s really nothing difficult making this bowl of goodness. You just need patience, self-love, and the ingredients. What? Well, because you have to allow this to soak for quite a while. However, if you don’t have the patience and time, then you can do it the minute you wake up before doing anything else. Or, you can eat it as is. Believe me, you don’t want to do the latter. You can either follow the recipe from scratch or you can just buy a bag or box of muesli from your local grocery store and just add the pumpkin puree, almond milk, and the toppings. This breakfast bowl is vegan and loaded with nutrients. So, what’s not to love? ❤
- 2/3 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon organic coconut flakes
- 1 Tablespoon organic raw or roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 Tablespoon organic raisins
- 1 organic date, chopped in small pieces *
- 1 Tablespoon organic barley (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon organic Flax seeds
- 4 pieces of organic almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened almond milk
- 1 whopping Tablespoon organic solid canned pumpkin*
- 3 dashes of organic ground cinnamon spice
- Organic Chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon organic almond butter
- organic Flax seeds
- Organic fruits of your choice ( I used apple and white peach)
- 1/4 cup of organic unsweetened almond milk
- 2 dashes of organic cinnamon spice
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl (except the toppings) making sure the milk and pumpkin are well incorporated.
- Add your choice of cut fruits. Cover with a plastic wrap. Let it set overnight in the fridge.
- Remove and add the 1/4 cup almond milk, your choice of fruits, and the almond butter. Sprinkle with chia seeds and flax seeds and cinnamon.
- You don’t have to buy a whole bag of dates. You can buy one or two pieces at Wegman’s grocery store. They sell unpacked dates and they’re organic.
- You can add as much pumpkin if you prefer.
- You don’t have to buy barley if you do not have it at home. You can live without it. 🙂
- I took a picture before I stick the bowl in the fridge. 😀
You will be seeing more pumpkin recipes in the upcoming posts. Thank you for your continued support.
I’m off to do errands. I’ll be back to reply to all your comments. Have a lovely day! ❤