Vegan, guilt-free, gluten-free, non-gmo protein breakfast.
Hello! Happy Saturday.
What a hectic week! I have so many things going on and I am overwhelmed. But, I have to finish this post because I mentioned that I will be sharing my recipe for this nutritious, delectable breakfast. Also, because someone asked me to share tips on photography and I promised to do so in this post.
About photography, I wasn’t going to share this photograph because I wasn’t happy with the result (go figure), but oh, well. Also, there is no secret really. First and foremost, you want to make sure you get a clear shot. Then, use a photo editor and manipulate until you get the result that you are happy with. If you are using a cellphone, check to see if it has a photo editor feature. If so, try to practice until you get the hang of it.
Anyway, I could barely keep my eyes open. So, without further ado, here’s the recipe.
For the Matcha and Spinach Pudding (bottom layer)
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened coconut milk (beverage) or almond, rice milk, or oat milk
- 3 Tablespoons organic, non-gmo, gluten-free chia seeds
- 3 Tablespoons non-dairy, non-gmo, unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 teaspoon organic matcha powder
- a handful of organic, non-gmo spinach
- 1 Tablespoon or more organic raw blue agave or organic 100% maple syrup to taste (optional)
Add and blend all ingredients in a food processor or a powerful blender for about 1 to 2 minutes. Place in a jar with a lid. Leave in the refrigerator overnight.
For the Maca Protein Nicecream (top layer)
- 4 frozen bananas (sliced about an inch thick before freezing)
- 2 heaped Tablespoons PB2
- 1/2 Tablespoon organic Maca powder (available online or at Wegman’s)
- 1/2 of small organic apple
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon spice
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder with chia and probiotics (available at Wegman’s)
- Organic raw blue agave or maple syrup to taste (optional)
Add all ingredients in a powerful blender or food processor. Process until smooth about 3-5 minutes.
For the PB2 Chocolate Drizzle
- 2 Tablespoons organic, gluten-free, non-gmo PB2 powder (leveled)
- 1 Tablespoon organic non-gmo blue raw agave
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons warm non-gmo coconut milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Add and whisk all ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle on top of your favorite smoothies.
Assemble your breakfast jar/glass
- Remove the Matcha Chia pudding from the refrigerator. Scoop and place at the bottom of a jar or a glass then, layer by adding homemade granola or store-bought gluten-free, non-gmo granola.
- Then, add berries or any fruits. Scoop the Maca Protein nicecream on top. Drizzle with the PB2 chocolate.
There you have it. You can now create your own stunning breakfast jar. I will leave this post for now. I am exhausted and could barely keep my eyes open. I just wanted to keep my promise that is why I have to post this. I will visit your blog and reply to all your comments next time. Have a fabulous weekend. Goodnight. ❤ 🙂