Vegan, guilt-free, gluten-free, non-gmo protein breakfast.
Hello! Happy Saturday.
What a hectic week! I have so many things going on and I am overwhelmed. But, I have to finish this post because I mentioned that I will be sharing my recipe for this nutritious, delectable breakfast. Also, because someone asked me to share tips on photography and I promised to do so in this post.
About photography, I wasn’t going to share this photograph because I wasn’t happy with the result (go figure), but oh, well. Also, there is no secret really. First and foremost, you want to make sure you get a clear shot. Then, use a photo editor and manipulate until you get the result that you are happy with. If you are using a cellphone, check to see if it has a photo editor feature. If so, try to practice until you get the hang of it.
Anyway, I could barely keep my eyes open. So, without further ado, here’s the recipe.
For the Matcha and Spinach Pudding (bottom layer)
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened coconut milk (beverage) or almond, rice milk, or oat milk
- 3 Tablespoons organic, non-gmo, gluten-free chia seeds
- 3 Tablespoons non-dairy, non-gmo, unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 teaspoon organic matcha powder
- a handful of organic, non-gmo spinach
- 1 Tablespoon or more organic raw blue agave or organic 100% maple syrup to taste (optional)
Add and blend all ingredients in a food processor or a powerful blender for about 1 to 2 minutes. Place in a jar with a lid. Leave in the refrigerator overnight.
For the Maca Protein Nicecream (top layer)
- 4 frozen bananas (sliced about an inch thick before freezing)
- 2 heaped Tablespoons PB2
- 1/2 Tablespoon organic Maca powder (available online or at Wegman’s)
- 1/2 of small organic apple
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon spice
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder with chia and probiotics (available at Wegman’s)
- Organic raw blue agave or maple syrup to taste (optional)
Add all ingredients in a powerful blender or food processor. Process until smooth about 3-5 minutes.
For the PB2 Chocolate Drizzle
- 2 Tablespoons organic, gluten-free, non-gmo PB2 powder (leveled)
- 1 Tablespoon organic non-gmo blue raw agave
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons warm non-gmo coconut milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Add and whisk all ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle on top of your favorite smoothies.
Assemble your breakfast jar/glass
- Remove the Matcha Chia pudding from the refrigerator. Scoop and place at the bottom of a jar or a glass then, layer by adding homemade granola or store-bought gluten-free, non-gmo granola.
- Then, add berries or any fruits. Scoop the Maca Protein nicecream on top. Drizzle with the PB2 chocolate.
There you have it. You can now create your own stunning breakfast jar. I will leave this post for now. I am exhausted and could barely keep my eyes open. I just wanted to keep my promise that is why I have to post this. I will visit your blog and reply to all your comments next time. Have a fabulous weekend. Goodnight. ❤ 🙂
24 thoughts on “Spiced Maca Protein Breakfast”
it looks so yummy Anna, thank you so much for good sharing
Anita, thank you kindly for your support. I’m glad you stopped by my blog. Thank you for the beautiful comment. It is my pleasure to share, Anita. Have a great weekend ahead. 🙂
My hats off to you to be able to work around life and blog too! It is hard and I have to let some things go in order to make time for others. I don’t post as often as id like to, but I really do try to read as many blogs as I can. The projects I’ve got going on require so much that by the end of the day, I’m spent. My daughter loves matcha! I need to make this for her. Love your photos. So pro! Have a beautiful day! Koko:)
That looks so delicious!!
Thank you so much, Sumith. It’s very much appreciated.
Oh gosh, Anna, this looks amazing! I wish I have it now in front of me 🙂
Hi, Indah! Thank you so much. It was so good. Make it and take it with you, Indah. It’s guilt-free and it’s great for breakfast and lunch. Best wishes, Indah. 🙂 I appreciate you stopping by.
Can’t take my eyes off the pic!! Lovely breakfast.
Hello, Preethi. Welcome to my humble blog and thanks so much for the lovely compliment as well as the follow. I appreciate it. Have a lovely evening. 🙂
Thank you Anna. Glad to have stumbled upon your blog. Have a great evening too.
The pleasure’s all mine. Thank you so much, Preethi. Best wishes. 🙂
That breakfast jar is stunning, Anna. I understand what you mean about wanting to post the best pics but this looks awesome! Have a great weekend, and week ahead. 🙂
Eartha, it’s nice you stopped by. Thank you so much. I would have like for the nicecream to not melt until after I took a shot, but, I had to do something and left it for 30 seconds and it started melting on me lol. But, thanks for liking it the way it is. He he…(where are the emojis?) 😀
Lol! Believe me I understand… #foodphotographyproblems 😁😁😁😀😀😀😀💚💚💚✌✌✌✌✌👌👌👌👌👌😋😋😋😋😋💕💕💕💕😂 emojis😂😂
It’s sweet of you. Thanks so much, Eartha. You are probably using your cellphone.Are you? I don’t know all the shortcuts for some of the emojis when I’m on WordPress lol.
Hi Anna, yes, I used my cellphone. Otherwise, would not have been able to go emoji crazy. 🙂 Have a good one!
He he…that’s what I thought. Thanks so much for replying, Eartha. I appreciate it so. Have a great week ahead as well. Take care. 🙂
Have a fabulous week too, dear Anna! Oh, it does look delicious!
Hi, Ann. Thank you so much. Oh, my gosh, Ann! It was absolutely divine. You should try it. These cuties are quite nutritious. 🙂
Happy weekend. And this post is amazing. 😍 😍 it sounds so delicious.
Hello, Jessica. Yes. These nicecream bites are quite delicious and nutritious too. Thank you so much. I appreciate your visit and compliments. Have a great week ahead. 🙂
Happy weekend Anna and here is looking forward to more of your posts😉
Thank you so much Ms G. I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Likewise. Looking forward to your fun posts. 🙂