Just in time for the upcoming two major holidays. Guilt-free vegan salad so wholesome, refreshing and satisfying made with organic ingredients.
Good evening everyone! I know some of you have been waiting for this recipe I promised to post over a week ago. I apologize for not able to post it last week as promised. I had a family emergency. Thank you so much for being patient.
- 1 bundle of organic purple or green kale, stem trimmed and cut in strips.
- 1 pint Fresh organic or inorganic Shiitaki mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 whole roasted garlic, optional
- 1/4 of medium purple onions, minced
- a handful of fresh or frozen whole cranberries, cut in half or you can leave them whole
- 1/2 cup whole pecans
- 1/2 cup halves pecans
- 1/2 cup cooked organic red or white quinoa
- 1 cup cooked Japonica black rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small lemon, divided
- 3 Tablespoons Avocado oil; divided
- thinly cut raw organic medium firm tofu
- Furikaki nori (just a combination of seaweed and sesame seeds) as garnish
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 Tablespoons of the avocado oil. Add the minced garlic and onions. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add the Shiitaki mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for a minute. Remove the garlic, onions and Shiitaki mushrooms and place in a bowl; set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining oil and add the kale, whole roasted garlic, and cranberries. Season again with salt and pepper. Stir-fry until the kale leaves are somewhat wilted; approximately 1 minute.
- Return the cooked Shiitaki mushrooms with the garlic and onions. Add the pecans, Japonica black rice and quinoa. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir-fry until just heated through. Turn off stove. Squeeze 1/2 of the lemon. Toss or stir with a spatula. Add more salt if needed. Transfer into a serving dish.
- Cut the remaining lemon thinly and place over the salad.
- Topped with sliced fresh tofu garnished with Furikaki nori.
- Bon Appetit! ❤
Thank you once again for your support. Happy Wednesday everyone. Until next time. ❤