Succulent, moist, tender, flaky, Tilapia fillets baked and ready in less than 30 minutes.
This melt-in-your-mouth recipe is one of those speedy meals you can prepare for your family on busy nights or when you are not well enough to cook for them. It’s simple, fast,very easy to prepare, and it’s great paired with your favorite side dishes. I came up with this when I wanted something different to flavor the fish.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 2 Tilapia fillets
- 1 pouch of McCormick Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi seasoning mix (available at your local grocer)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- grated or shaved BelGioioso Parmesan cheese
- lime or lemon wedges (optional)
- Place the fillets in the rectangular glass baking dish.
- Empty the pouch in a small bowl and mix with olive oil.
- Using a serving spoon, scoop the seasoning mixture and drizzle on the fillets until all fillets are all coated with the sauce mixture. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. This will prevent the fillets from drying out while cooking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.* On the 12 minutes mark, remove the baking dish from the oven and topped the fillets with shaved Parmesan cheese. (see note)
- Replace it in the oven and bake just until the cheese melts about 30 seconds. Remove from the oven immediately.
- Squeeze the lemon over the fillets.
- Serve warm with your favorite side dishes.
- Cooking time in all ovens varies; adjust accordingly.
That is all for now. Until next time. Thanks for visiting. Your support is greatly appreciated. Have a great week.
©annascuisine.wordpress.com (2014-2015) Other than personal use, unauthorized duplication of material herein without expressed and written consent from this blog’s author, Annabelle Bedell, is strictly and completely prohibited.
Looking for something healthy to prepare in a jiffy?
Here’s another tilapia recipe that is so easy to make, moist, tender and flavorful that’s ready in 15-17 minutes.* You can prepare a side dish to complement this succulent dish, such as salad or couscous while it’s baking. This will come in handy during school days when you don’t have time to prepare anything as delectable and healthy as this. See it? The picture speaks for itself.
Prepare your ingredients.
*Note: Due to variations on all ovens, cooking time may require adjustments.
- 3 Tilapia fillets
- Progresso Italian Style Panko crumbs
- 4 tablespoons mustard
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Weber Roasted garlic and herbs seasoning
- 3 pinches of salt (adjust according to your taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat a baking dish with baking spray. Set aside.
- Mix mustard, lemon, salt, and honey in a bowl. Set aside.
- Put the Panko crumbs on a large plate. Set aside.
- Season fillets with roasted garlic seasoning.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of mustard mixture and drizzle on one side of each fillet. Spread the mixture using the back of a spoon. Do the same on the other side then dip it in the Panko crumbs to coat.
- Repeat the process with the remaining fillets. Place in the baking dish and bake for 15 -17 minutes.*
Variation: Chicken thighs or Chicken breast
- You might want to triple the mustard coating recipe if you want to use it for chicken. I used 5 skinless, boneless chicken thighs. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and roasted garlic and herbs seasoning. Dip in mustard mixture then coat with Panko crumbs.
Place on the baking dish and bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes. *
Result? Crispy on the outside, moist and tender inside. Serve with your favorite side dishes.
If you like this post or my blog, don’t forget to Subscribe or Follow to get the latest recipes. Please be kind and link back to source when you use or share any of my recipes. Thank you for stopping by. Until next time. Have an awesome day!
©annascuisine.wordpress.com (2013) Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material herein without expressed and written consent from this blog’s author, Annabelle Bedell, is strictly and completely prohibited.