Okay, you’re probably thinking, who doesn’t know how to make grilled cheese sandwich? It’s a classic and everyone knows how to prepare it. Well, you might be surprised. There are some people out there who are just learning how to cook or who never cooked in their entire lives. Making a grilled cheese sandwich might be the very first thing they can learn how to prepare. 🙂 Here’s what I make at home and my children really love it!
- 2 slices of white or any bread you prefer
- 1 slice Haverty creamy white cheese*
- 1 slice Cheddar cheese or smoke Gouda cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Heat a non-stick skillet over low heat.
- Butter (1 1/2 tablespoons) one side of bread.
- Place the bread with the butter side down on the skillet. Add both cheeses on top of the bread.
- Butter one side of the other slice of bread and place on top of the cheese, butter side up.
- Cover the skillet with a lid. (This will melt the cheese faster)
- Remove the lid. Flip over to the other side. Do not cover. Brown until the cheese is all melted.
- Serve immediately.
*Note; You can purchase the Haverty cheese at Costco. It’s a deli style cheese. It’s really creamy and delicious, especially on steak sandwiches.
©annascuisine.wordpress.com (2013) Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material herein without expressed and written consent from this blog’s author, Annabelle Bedell, is strictly and completely prohibited.