My morning routine during summer is to rise early and go for a run. There’s a six mile walking path in our neighborhood. It’s very convenient and the view of Bull Run mountain is breathtaking.
Breakfast time is normally busy for me because my family usually request a big breakfast. But sometimes, I don’t feel like cooking a complicated breakfast. When you cook three different meals three times a day, sometimes, you just need a break and want something easy, especially after a six mile run. Well, my boys requested “mini” pancakes for breakfast. I didn’t really feel like measuring in addition to mixing. So, I have this box of premix pancake in the pantry that I purchased for “emergency”. Emergency as in I am too tired or too lazy to cook type of emergency. I know shame on me. Hey, this doesn’t happen very often. So, to add a little fiber and more flavor to the pancake, I added some fruits and made them berry-banana pancakes, or what I call B & B Mini pancakes drizzled with maple syrup.
- Pancake mix
- 1 medium or small banana; sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Follow the recipe directions on the box.
- Heat a griddle or a skillet over low heat and lightly coat with oil when hot.
- Scoop the batter onto the griddle or skillet about 2 tablespoons for mini pancakes. Add the banana and blueberries on top of the pancake.
- Flip to the other side and gently press it down with the spatula for even cooking. Let cook until the pancake springs back when touched.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Top with more blueberries if desired.
- Serve warm.