I was surprised how chilly it was when I went for a jog this morning. It felt like fall. Fall in summer? I was thinking oh, no! Not yet!
As I was jogging, I thought about my husband’s favorite winter drink I created years ago; the Spiced Chocolate Chai Latte. When the weather was extremely cold, my husband would call me up on his way home and asked me to make this drink.
We just relocated to a new place from Fairfax County and Mr. M and I were invited to our neighbors home for a chat. The lady of the house served us homemade Chai tea. It was quite delicious and comforting. That’s when Chai flavor became our favorite.
Well, after taking a cold shower, I felt rather cold, so instead of drinking orange juice, I made a cup of our favorite hot drink, Chocolate Chai Latte. A sip and I wanted to just sit down and read a book while drinking this flavorful beverage. It makes you feel warm just looking at the picture, doesn’t it? Mm…
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Pacific Chai Spice Latte mix
- 1 tablespoonful chocolate flavor protein powder or Ghirardelli sweet ground chocolate and cocoa chocolate mocha flavor
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnish.
- 3 tablespoons half and half or low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon cardamom spice
- 1 cup boiled water
- whipped cream
- Add the first five ingredients in your favorite cup
- Boil 1 cup of water and pour into the mixture. Stir to combine.
- Topped with whipped cream and sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg. Enjoy!
If you like this post or my blog, don’t forget to Subscribe and Follow to get the latest recipes. Thank you.
©annascuisine.wordpress.com (2013) Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material herein without expressed and written consent from this blog’s author, Annabelle Bedell, is strictly and completely prohibited.