Have some leftovers? I was starving and I wanted something quick and healthy. I found I had some leftover pasta and roasted chicken in the fridge. So, I grabbed a bag of mixed greens, pre-made salad dressing, avocado, and shredded Parmesan cheese. I wanted to add some tomatoes, toasted pecans or almonds, sunflower seeds and other healthy additions to make this salad look more appetizing, but I didn’t have any. Well, as it turned out, it was very delicious and satisfying. Surely, my tummy was very happy indeed!
- A single serving or a handful of spring mixed greens.
- ½ cup pulled roasted chicken breast.
- ½ of pitted, ripe avocado; cubed in bite sizes.
- ¼ cup cooked whole wheat spiral Rotini pasta or a pasta of your choice
- 2 tbsp. Kenn’s “Tableside” Caesar salad dressing or a dressing of your choice
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Wash the spring greens thoroughly. Drain completely and put in a medium bowl. Add the chicken breast, pasta, and avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Caesar salad dressing and toss to mix until the dressing is well incorporated. Sprinkle with cheese.
Note: You can add dried cherries, toasted pecans or almonds, and sunflower seeds to add some crunch as well as adding feta cheese if you wish, but it will still be as delicious without them.
©annascuisine.wordpress.com (2013) Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material herein without expressed and written consent from this blog’s author, Annabelle Bedell, is strictly and completely prohibited.