Just in time for Easter celebration, here’s the salmon recipe I mentioned in my previous post using the marinade for the chicken skewers. It’s slathered with spiced marinade then baked. This salmon is super moist and fork tender and it’s out from the oven in just seven minutes. What? Yes, seven minutes. 😀
A friend of a friend mentioned baking salmon in high temperature. I was intrigued by it and inspired me to try… and she was right. The result was amazing.
- 4 servings of wild caught salmon (about 16 oz.)
- chopped cilantro
- tricolor capsicum or bell peppers, cut lengthwise
- Spiced marinade (for the recipe, click here)
- Sesame oil
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Coat the baking dish with baking spray.
- Lightly season salmon with salt and pepper. Then, slather the salmon with the spiced marinade. Lightly drizzle with Sesame oil and place in the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 7 minutes (See Notes).
- While the salmon is baking, heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the cut capsicum. Cook just until they sweat about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Remove salmon from the oven and place in a serving platter or you can leave it in the baking dish. Add the cooked capsicum on top of the salmon and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- The more marinade sauce you slather on the salmon, the better.
- Be warned that the marinade is spicy. You can make it mild by adding just a small amount of harissa or chili sauce when making it. Do not omit. I used the marinade for the Chicken Skewers. Click here for the marinade recipe.
- Oven temperature varies, adjust accordingly. I cooked the salmon exactly 7 minutes and it was perfect. It was super moist and flaky.
- If you are not serving the salmon right away, cover with aluminum foil to keep it moist.
- You can squeeze some lemon juice over the salmon, but it was perfect and tasty without it.
- Enjoy! 😀
I hope everyone is enjoying spring. I know the temperature dropped in some areas. We are affected too. I had quite a big surprise when I went out last night without a jacket. Brrr….
Thanks for visiting again. If you haven’t Subscribe or Follow, simply click the “Follow” button and you are good to go. You won’t miss any of the latest recipes. Please be kind and mention my blog or link back to source if you plan to use or share any of my recipes. Keep warm y’all. 😀