Filipino Egg rolls filled with Filipino stir-fried noodles served with lemony savory dipping sauce. Oh, la la! So tasty. 🙂
Life really goes on no matter what. You either go with the flow or lag behind. So, even it I am not well, still I can’t stay away because if I do, I will always playing catch up. I made a promise, so here we go.
I made these lumpia in the past, but never get around to sharing it because I completely forgot all about it. Then, these past few days I made too much pancit an decided to make pancit lumpia and share it with y’all.
It’s really easy. Just make pancit and blanch some broccoli and use them as your filling. It’s so delicious. Then, I made sauce that goes very well with the pancit lumpia. I didn’t go with the typical egg roll sauce which is a bit sweet and spicy. I mix my own savory sauce by using organic stir-fry sauce that’s made with ginger and soy then mix it with fresh squeezed lemon juice and viola! Delicious sauce that you’ll make again and again. You can either use it as dipping sauce or as marinated for chicken, or sauce for lemony stir-fry veggies. So many possibilities with this sauce. To make these lumpia, you will need the following:
- Lumpia wrapper of your choice (you can either use this or this type of wrapper), thawed
- Pancit (you can get the recipe here) Just add some meat of your choice or just leave it as is
- 1/2 cup Wegman’s Organic Asian Stir-fry sauce
- Blanched organic broccoli
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- Oil for frying
- Separate the lumpia wrapper and fill in with 1 thumb size broccoli and about a Tablespoon or two of cooked pancit noodles.
- Fold over about 1/4 of the wrapper over the filling and gather the sides and fold them towards the the center. Then, start rolling away from you leaving about an inch at the end.
- Brush with egg wash or water and roll to seal; set aside. Repeat with the remaining pancit, broccoli, and wrappers.
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium heat. Fry the lumpias until golden brown, removed and place on a plate lined with paper towel to drain excess oil. Repeat until all lumpias are cooked; set aside.
For the savory sauce, combine and whisk the lemon juice and Asian Stir-fry sauce until well-combined in a medium bowl. Transfer to a ramekin. Served with the pancit lumpia. Enjoy! ❤
©All Rights Reserved 2016 to Anna’s Cuisine